The Temple of Poseidon, the apex of the isosceles triangle formed by the temples of Parthenon and Aphaia, is located at the Cape Sounio area. It is built with Agrileza marble in Doric style, in the middle of the 5th century BC, by the Athenians in a very strategic geographic location. In the 9th year of the Peloponnesian War it was fortified with one of the strongest walls of that era. At the lowest point, at a distance of about 500 meters from the Temple of Poseidon, there are the ruins of the temple of Athena.
Ticket Price for the Summer Period (April 1st – October 31st): 8€
Ticket Price for the Winter Period (November 1st – March 31st): 4€
General admission for adults
Reduced admission for the Summer Period (April 1st – October 31st): 4€
The following visitors are entitled to a reduced admission:
1. Greek Senior citizens and Senior citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, with current identification card
2. Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age
3. Students from Higher Education Institutions, from non-EU countries, with current student identification card or International Student Identity Card
The following visitors are entitled to free admission:
1. Young persons under 18 years of age, from EU countries, with current identification card
2. Greek unemployed citizens, with identification card and current unemployment card
3. Visitors with disabilities from EU and non-EU countries
VISITING HOURS – CONTACT PHONES
April 1st – October 31st
Monday to Sunday 08:00 until sunset.
November 1st – March 31st
Monday to Sunday 09:30 until sunset.
Phone: (+30) 22920 39363
You can use our Transfer Services
Fill the follow form and get the price for private transfer
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.